Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fall crafts and recipes

So many fun ideas for fall.  I love the spicy smells of fall baking.  Pumpkin pies, sweet potatoes, soups, stews, chili, and more.  The house welcomes me when I open the door to these aromas.  Coming in from the nippy air of outdoors to something warm and fragrant comforts me as nothing else does.

I found a wonderful idea and recipe on the idea room blog  (one of my favorite blogs by the way-- www.idearoom.net ) for Pumpkin spice playdough.  How fun.  I think this is a great idea and one that I can change by altering the scent for other occassions.  How simple, yet I never thought of adding scent to playdough.  What a change, to stimulate another sense while playing.  Here is the recipe:

Pumpkin Spice Playdough:
2 cups water
orange food coloring (or combine yellow and red)
2 TBSP vegetable oil
1 cup salt
4 tsp. cream of tartar
3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 cups flour

Imagine a green minty one, or a red cherry, black licorice, and the ideas just keep flowing.....What will you create?  What smells give you that ah ha moment?

 

I was looking for a simple decoration for Thanksgiving and I found this cute paper plate craft using a tp roll.  I love it for it's bright colors, and simple thanks.  Children have such a perfect way of expressing what's in their heart without mucking it up with too much clutter.  I am going to put this in my office as a reminder of gratitude this month.  Sometimes simple is so wonderful.  K.I.S.S.

Paper Plate Turkey Centerpiece Craft

I will change the "my bike" to "my computer" (as that is not covered in the toy catagory.  LOL)   What are you thankful for ?  What will you do to decorate for fall?      Oh...and don't forget to feed the fish before you leave, they get pretty hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment