Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Book editing

Finishing up the book editing.  This has been quite a process. It's the first time I have worked with others to edit and finish up one of my books.  I have learned a lot in the process.  It is much harder to work with other people.  I prefer to work alone.  However, I have gotten more done and found more mistakes, therefore have a cleaner product in the end.  The book is richer for the experience and so am I.

My cousins keep asking if they are nagging or becoming annoying but they aren't.  They email me or post errors they find and I go in and correct the book.  Then we do the process all over again.  It is time consuming and tedious work but with fresh eyes looking it over it makes it so much better.

I would recommend working with others when putting together a family history book.  Don't get offended when someone finds mistakes in your creation.  You wouldn't want "your baby" to be riddled with mistakes and typos.  You want it to be clean and accurate, so take a deep breath and ask your cousins to edit, add and give input to your projects.  You will survive and be thrilled with the end project.

What a wild ride this has been.  Along the way, I have learned so much more about my grandparents on my mother's side, and been guided through a maze of new family on my father's side. Overall a good decision to include rather than work this out by myself. (Hard habit to break)

Thank you to all that have helped!  You have been amazing an thank you for your patience with me through the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment